Thursday 15 October 2015

We all wore enough masks I thought ...






Driving to Swanage, I listened to the Adagio from Mahler's unfinished tenth - 

I remembered Maureen's words about betrayals -  

I parked the red wounded beast in the car park overlooking the bay - 

A north easterly heaped seaweed upon the beach - herring gulls skimmed icy waves - spray fell upon worn stone - I breathed salty air - 

Superman guarded a small amusement park - I'd once gone on the dodgems there with Tessa - 

There were two giant ice cream cones flanking the blue kiosk on the esplanade -  1980s anthems were playing in Fun Land

I said good morning to the gorilla in Institute Road - 

In Rainbow's End I was tempted to buy a gorgeous shirt - quilted jackets from Bhutan also caught my eye - 

Hooting steam trains approached the station - oldsters nibbled Dorset Apple Cake in the Birds Nest Buffet - 

There were reefs of steamy Four Square paperbacks in the second hand book shop - 

I put a coin in a peep show in the Museum and Heritage Centre - 

I sipped my cappucinno in Earthlights -

Once, sitting here, a man from Germany had asked me if I wanted a part in a play he was directing - 

I had laughed incredulously, declining the offer - 

We all wore enough masks I thought - I had no wish to put on another - 


11.45
Thursday 15 October 2015

Earthlights
Swanage
Purbeck
Dorset 








No comments:

Post a Comment