Saturday 26 September 2015

The wild swimmer had left this world too soon ...




I'm reading Roger Deakin's wonderful book about wild swimming - 

I'm taking my time reading the book, re-reading pages, treasuring each gentle sentence - 

I picture myself swimming in a pristine icy lochan, or slipping into an emerald pool - 

This morning, Anne and I spent the morning at Middle Beach - 

We swam in water as clear as glass - 

Bright waves splashed my face - 

I lay on my back, looking up at the sky, lifted up by the forgiving sea - 

Later I stretched out upon the sand, warming myself in the sun - 

A white yacht was moored close to the shore - 

I felt a pang of sadness - 

The wild swimmer had left this world too soon I thought -


11.30
Saturday September 26 2015

Middle Beach
Studland 
Purbeck
Dorset  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment