Thursday 20 August 2015

In the Calle Paradiso ...




I'm listening to a zither in the Ristorante ai Barbacani - 

Above my head are dark wooden beams - 

The waitress has lit a candle and placed it on my table - 

Through the opened window, I can see the milky green waters of the Rio del Mondo Novo - 

Sunburnt visitors linger on the bridge with selfie sticks - 

I'm still thinking about one of Tetsuyu Ishida's paintings - 

I went to the Biennale this morning - 

I strolled up the Riva Degli Schiavone like Jep Gambardella -

Perhaps I'd find redemption, I thought, before some mysterious installation - 

A boatman is shouting a hoarse warning call -

Last night I saw a crescent moon in the starless sky - 


20.00
Wednesday 20 August 2015

Ristorante ai Barbacani 
Calle Paradiso
Venice





No comments:

Post a Comment