Thursday 13 September 2018

A little Red ...



I suddenly thought of Allende and Victor Jara - 

I forgot where I was - 

I was no longer in the gentle town - 

I thought of the stadium, the cruel jets in the sky - 

I thought of the men far away from the blood - 

They wore exquisite suits - 

I thought of the welcome given to the murderer - 

I thought that I, too, would have been in that stadium - 

I would have been guilty of the crime of being a little Red - uno rojito

I can hear the scornful voice - 

Uno rojito

I would have looked up at the sky above the burning city - 

I would have been killed - 

Casually and quickly - 

A few words, perhaps not even a few words - 

Such killers are still here, even here - 

They are amongst us - 

They are human, but they are monsters - 

Or they become monsters - 

I know it - 

They wear the same suits - 

They give the same welcome - 

They have the same crocodile smiles - 

The same ageless grinding cruelty - 


17.36
Thursday 13 September 2018

The Old School House 
East Stoke
Dorset 



No comments:

Post a Comment