Saturday 18 August 2018

Listening to Waterloo Sunset ...




I'm listening to Waterloo Sunset

I'm in a city made of memory and dream -


I'm with my dad in the National Gallery - 

We stand looking at La Grande Jatte -

He tells me he's reading Tender is the Night -


I'm smoking Gitanes in Gordon Square - 

I'm wearing a leather jacket - 

The streets are magical and lonely - 


I'm dancing to Jean Genie

I'm scribbling notes in a marble library - 

In Highgate the pavements are covered with Autumn leaves - 


A lift takes me down to a midnight platform - 

Trains are filled with invisible people - 

I see my face in the dark window - 


I'm crossing the river - 

I never knew the river was so wide - 


16.00
Saturday 18 August 2018


The Old School House
East Stoke
Dorset 





No comments:

Post a Comment