Sunday 1 July 2018

Waiting for the rain ...



Rain may come - 

The sky fills with clouds - 


This morning, I swam with Anne in the silky sea - 

I wore a seaweed necklace - 

Long ribbons of kelp brushed against my legs -


Ferns half covered an upturned boat - 

The air was still - 

The beach was waiting for the rain - 


In the garden, the grass under my feet is browned and dry - 

There's sand in my pockets - 


There are apples growing upon the branches of the tree - 

They will become small green worlds of sweetness - 


Lavender scents the air - 

Anne deadheads roses - 


Birds sing in the pine trees bordering the churchyard - 

I wonder what secrets my body hides - 


Rain may come - 

The air grows cooler - 



16.21

Sunday 1 July 2018


South Beach

Studland 


The Old School House 

East Stoke 

Dorset  



No comments:

Post a Comment