Wednesday 2 May 2018

Blue potatoes, pink potatoes ...



There were two gaffers joshing each other in the changing room - 

One was a gasper, the other a whistler

I eavesdropped their conversation shamelessly - 

You don't see any cows round here now said the gasper - 

The whistler whistled - 

Velcro crackled - 

There used to be cows everywhere he said - 

The farmer would come round with his tractor

I'd spend eight hours digging the manure into the garden

The digging is good for you said the gasper - 

They say you never see a poor farmer

I've started planting potatoes said the whistler - 

I plant unusual potatoes

Blue ones, pink ones

I get a lot of pleasure planting them -

Do you ? asked the gasper - 

I do said the whistler - 



11.15

Wednesday 2 May 2018


Purbeck Sports Centre

Wareham 


No comments:

Post a Comment