Thursday 15 February 2018

When will I wear my sky blue suit ? ...





I'm idling in the Delfino Lounge - 

I've just bought an exquisite shirt - 

I'm beguiled by a wall of Soviet art - 

I've given a small coin to a homeless man - 

California soul wails a hidden jukebox - 

I think about the Chapel of Rest, deep in the hood - 

I think of all the stories I left there - 

How long will I remember them ? 

*

The doors had been locked on New Year's Eve - 

A fox had walked under the starless sky - 

A double Jameson Lou I said - 

Richard was wearing his older brother's coat - 

The Simple Men played their last song - 

But when will I wear my sky blue suit ?

How long will I dance to midnight guitars ?


10.43
Thursday 15 February 2018

Delfino Lounge 
Poole



No comments:

Post a Comment