Thursday 16 February 2017

Scrawling aperçus ...




I've just finished scrawling aperçus in my diary - 

Ever since my bowel cancer diagnosis, I write up my days in smallish black notebooks -

The pages are covered with lolloping lines of prose - 

I'm careless of punctuation - 

I abhor a prissy semicolon - 

I'm with Clare here - 

Awkward squad of pointings called commas colons semicolons

I stick in postcards and train tickets - 

I recall the menus for boozy feasts - 

Sometimes I place a leaf between the pages, or the thin guide for an ancient church - 

Waiting for the results of scans, my words would be like rope bridges over terrible voids - 

Richard found one of his notebooks a few days ago - 

There he was, Peter Storm in the Quartier Pigalle - 

His pages, too, covered with a web of words - 


21.09
Thursday 16 February 2017

The Old School a House
East Stoke
Dorset 









No comments:

Post a Comment