Friday 27 January 2017

Remembering power points ...



I shut the lap top with a sigh -

I'd spent the afternoon drafting subtle e-mails for the comrades - 

I remembered all the power points I'd sat through as an apparatchik - 

I'd perfected a polished gaze -

I'd sit there, leaning forward, my conference pack resting on my lap - 

From time to time I'd nod, underline a silky phrase in an Executive Summary

I'd smile whilst murmuring hello to a dark suited colleague - 

A consultant would offer me his oily hand -

All of the time, I'd be thinking of wild shores, baroque cathedrals, louche eateries, boozy evenings - 

Ah I'd say to a facilitator - all of the trajectories show the right direction of travel


16.00
Friday 27 January 2017

The Old School House
East Stoke
Dorset 


No comments:

Post a Comment